As kids all we ever did was dream. We wanted to grow up and become pilots, Doctors, models, e.t.c. My kid sister can’t just wait to grow up and become the world’s first female photographer (To her the world has no female photographer cuz she’s never seen one).
Why do we dream so much as kids, is it joblessness, lack of worries, or is it us, still being young enough to remember the last things God whispered in our ears before sending us down here…lol.
Anyway, as we grow older, these dreams begin to fade, because we begin to learn big words like impossible, already exists, not accepted by society, too busy for that kind of stuff. I always wonder, just how much of our dreams are we supposed to adapt to society, all of them, none of them, most of them.
What would the world look like, if we all ignored some of those big words, and just followed those dreams.
When we grow old, how are we going to feel about the dreams we had not followed
‘I did what I had to do, I got busy, I had children, I needed the money, no regrets’
Or
‘I wish I could reincarnate, and this time, be all I really wanted to be’
Why do we dream so much as kids, is it joblessness, lack of worries, or is it us, still being young enough to remember the last things God whispered in our ears before sending us down here…lol.
Anyway, as we grow older, these dreams begin to fade, because we begin to learn big words like impossible, already exists, not accepted by society, too busy for that kind of stuff. I always wonder, just how much of our dreams are we supposed to adapt to society, all of them, none of them, most of them.
What would the world look like, if we all ignored some of those big words, and just followed those dreams.
When we grow old, how are we going to feel about the dreams we had not followed
‘I did what I had to do, I got busy, I had children, I needed the money, no regrets’
Or
‘I wish I could reincarnate, and this time, be all I really wanted to be’
Comments
personally i try to do all d things i want to, regardless of how people look at it coz each tym i ask myself the, 'do i want to luk bak in 10 years nd wish i did' question, coz i find i'm d kinda person who'd rather regret doin sumtn than wonder nd wish they had done it...
2 things make us give up our dreams - the distractions (which includes those words and obstacles that make it seem impossible) and the realization that we can be better than what we dream of (which comes with maturity). But whatever dreams we have, God put it in us for a reason. We need some moment of reflection to see how far we have steered away, to see if there is need to go back, and the direction to take the best step forward. And, where there is life, there is hope.
Lovely post!
JD
these days i have a lot of night mares. i don't know if they count as dreams. but nice dreams where i wake up smiling, yeah, that ended lives ago